The 16th Edition of the Indo-Nepal joint training Exercise “SURYA KIRAN-XVI” between India and Nepal is to be conducted at Nepal Army Battle School, Saljhandi, Nepal. “SURYA KIRAN-XVI” will be conducted from 16th to 29th December 2022.
Exercise “SURYA KIRAN” is conducted annually between India and Nepal to enhance interoperability in jungle warfare & counter-terrorism operations in mountainous terrain and HADR under UN mandate.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
SURYA KIRAN-XVI: 16th Edition of the Indo-Nepal Joint Training Exercise- Key points
- Nepal Army soldiers of the Shree Bhawani Baksh Battalion and Indian Army soldiers from the 5 GR will be participating in the exercise.
- The two armies, through these contingents, shall be sharing the experiences gained during the conduct of various counter-insurgency operations over the years in their respective countries.
- The joint exercise would focus on the evolution of combined drills for planning and conduct of tactical operations at the unit level in counter-terrorism operations and disaster response mechanisms in general and the role of armed forces in the management of disaster.
- During the exercise, participants will be training together to develop inter-operability and share their experience including Counter Insurgency and Counter Terrorist operations and also on Humanitarian Relief operations.
- The joint military exercise will enhance the level of defense cooperation which will further foster the bilateral relations between the two nations.