108th Indian Science Congress
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
108th Indian Science Congress inaugurated by PM Modi: Key Points
- The scientific community in India should try to make India a “aatma nirbhar,” according to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s remarks on Tuesday (self reliant).
- In his speech to the Indian Science Congress, the speaker emphasised that scientific advancement should be motivated by meeting India’s needs.
- India accounts for 17% to 18% of the global population, thus as that country’s population grows, so will global advancement as a whole.
- India is employing scientific methods to advance, and the results are evident, he claimed, noting that India rose to the 40th position in the global innovation index from the 81st position in 2015 among a list of 130 nations.
- Scientific endeavours can become significant accomplishments when they leave the laboratory and “zameen” (the ground), when they have a global and grassroots impact, and when the changes are discernible in both research and real life.
G20 Summit 2023, G20 Member countries, List of Host Nations
108th Indian Science Congress: Theme
Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who was prime minister at the time, was unable to attend the opening of the Indian Science Congress in Chandigarh in 2004 because of the terrible weather. The following day, he had to drive to Islamabad to attend the SAARC Summit.
“Science and Technology for Sustainable Development with Women Empowerment” is the main theme of this year’s Science Congress. Discussions on sustainable development, women’s empowerment, and the role of science and technology in attaining these goals will take place throughout the annual Congress.
IISc Bengaluru is Secretariat for G20 Working Group on Science
About 108th Indian Science Congress Event
- Departmental secretaries of science are anticipated to provide a roadmap for their professions through 2030.
- Discussions on a variety of topics, such as the Covid pandemic, improvements in computer science, cancer research, space science, and vaccines, will also be included in the event.
- The discussion will focus on strategies for boosting the representation of women in senior positions in academia, business, and government.
- They will also discuss methods to improve the representation of women in STEM fields and to ensure their equality in terms of access to education, research opportunities, and employment.
Find More News related to Summits and Conferences