Adani Transmission Limited’s, $700 million revolving facility has been tagged as a ‘green loan’ by Sustainalytics. This assures the green loan framework for the revolving facility. Sustainalytics had issued the independent SPO on the alignment of the reviewed framework with the current market standards and the extent to which the eligible project categories are credible and impactful.
About the project:
- A revolving loan facility is a flexible financing tool that provides the borrower with the ability to draw down or withdraw, repay, and withdraw again.
- The projects associated with the USD 700 million revolving facility are being implemented in Gujarat and Maharashtra.
- In October 2021, the company in a regulatory filing had announced raising USD 700 million for its under-construction transmission asset portfolio through the definitive agreements signed with leading international banks.
- MUFG Bank has acted as Green Loan Coordinator to the issuer for arranging the SPO on Green Loan Framework prepared by Adani Transmission.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Adani Transmission Limited CEO: Anil Kumar Sardana;
- Adani Transmission Limited Founder: Gautam Adani;
- Adani Transmission Limited Founded: 9 December 2013;
- Adani Transmission Limited Headquarters: Ahmedabad.