In Aero India, the Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd has received the Indian Technical Standard Order (ITSO) authorisation from Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) for its indigenously developed Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) and Flight Data Recorder (FDR). CVR and FDR are popularly known as ‘black boxes’. However, these recorders are painted in orange colour to help in their recovery following an aircraft accident. CVR and FDR are used to record critical flight parameters and audio environment in a crash proof memory which is later used for investigation of aircraft incident or accident.
Why is it called a black box?
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd Founder: Walchand Hirachand;
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd Headquarters: India;
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd Founded: 23 December 1940, Bengaluru.
You may also read this:
- PM Modi Dedicates HAL Helicopter Factory to the Nation in Tumakuru
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Inaugurates Aero India 2023 with hopes of local production boost