Ambedkar Jayanti 2022
Ambedkar Jayanti ( also known as Bhim Jayanti) is celebrated on 14 April to commemorate the birth anniversary of Babasaheb Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar. The Day has been observed as an official public holiday throughout India since 2015. In 2022, we are marking the 131st birth anniversary of Babasaheb.
Dr Ambedkar is known as the Father (chief architect) of the Indian Constitution. He was the first Law and Justice Minister of the country after the independence. Dr Bhim has been bestowed with the country’s highest civilian honour, Bharat Ratna in 1990 posthumously.
Ambedkar Jayanti 2022: Significant Contributions Of Dr B R Ambedkar
- The contributions of Dr B R Ambedkar have been significant. He fought for protecting the rights of the Dalit community through organising several events. The notable events include Equality Janta, Mook Nayaka, etc.
- The Congress Government had invited him to become the first Law Minister when the country was freed from the British administration on 15 August 1947. He was deputed as a Chairman of the Constitution Drafting Committee on 29 August 1947.
- He crafted the new constitution for the country. The Constituent Assembly had adopted the new constitution on 26 November 1949.
- His contributions have been enormous in establishing the Central Bank of India, which is the Reserve Bank of India, as he was an economist.
- He authored three books: “The Problem of the Rupee: Its Origin and its Solution,” “Administration and Finance of East India Company,” and “The Evolution of Provincial Finance in British India.”
- Since he was an economist, Dr B R Ambedkar played a vital role in comprehending the Indian economy.
- People were motivated by him for the growth of the agricultural sector and industrial activities. He also motivated people for better education and community health.
- The Dalit Buddhist Movement was inspired by him.