Former banker Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan took charge as the fourth whole time member (WTM) in the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi). Narayan, who has been a member of various advisory committees of Sebi and RBI, has been appointed for an initial period of three years.
Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan: Previous job and Experience
- Before assuming charge, Narayan was an associate professor at SP Jain Institute of Management & Research. He has over two and half decades of experience in the banking and financial markets, during which he held the position of Regional Head of Financial Markets for ASEAN and South Asia at Standard Chartered Bank.
- He has strong expertise in foreign currency, interest rates, derivatives and debt capital markets. Narayan has also worked with Deutsche Bank and Citibank.
- Narayan has been given Market Intermediaries Regulation and Supervision Department (MIRSD), Alternative Investment Fund and Foreign Portfolio Investors Department (AFD), Integrated Surveillance Department (ISD), Department of Economic & Policy Analysis (DEPA) and Information Technology Department (ITD).
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- SEBI Founded: 12 April 1992;
- SEBI Sector: Securities market;
- SEBI Headquarters: Mumbai;
- SEBI Chairperson : Madhabi Puri Buch.