Army made changes to Agniveer Recruitment Process
Agniveer Recruitment Process: The army has disclosed a significant shift under the new procedure for selecting “Agniveers.” Aspirants must now take an online common admission examination (CEE) first, then undergo physical and medical exams. According to reports cited by PTI, the army has published adverts in major publications explaining the change in procedure. This message is anticipated to be sent out around the middle of February.
Army made changes to Agniveer Recruitment Process: Key Points
- Nearly 200 places across the nation will host the first online CEE in April, and all necessary preparations have been made.
- The revised process will guarantee that the cognitive component of selection will receive more attention.
- It will reach a wider audience nationwide and lessen the size of the throng present at recruitment rallies, making them easier to manage.
- The new three-step system for the recruitment process is described in an advertising that appeared in a top newspaper with the headline “Transformational Changes in Recruitment in Indian Army.”
- It states that the first phase will be an online CEE for all applicants at designated centres, followed by a physical fitness test for CEE-qualified applicants at recruitment events, and finally, medical exams.
- In the past, the Agniveer recruitment procedure required candidates to pass a physical fitness test, then move on to a series of medical examinations before showing up for the CEE. But now, the initial step is a standard online CEE. This will also assist in easing the logistics and screening procedure.
- Approximately 40,000 applicants who wish to join the army beginning with the 2023–2024 recruitment cycle will be subject to the new procedure.