Shiva Narwal won the gold medal in the 10m men’s air pistol competition. India’s gold tally at the Asian Airgun Championship in Daegu, South Korea. The first medal event was the 10-meter Air Pistol Women.
Asian Airgun Championship: Shiva Narwal bagged gold medal- Key Points
- In the gold medal match in the 10-meter Air Pistol Women Junior event, Manu Bhaker beat Esha Singh 17-15.
- The Indian men’s senior and junior 10-meter air pistol teams also claimed gold medals in their respective events.
- The seniors’ team of Shiva Narwal, Naveen, and Vijayveer Sidhu registered an upset 16-14 victory over a strong South Korean team comprising 2018 world champions Lee Daemyung and Park Daehun along with Mok Jin Mun.
- The junior team of Sagar Dangi, Samrat Rana, and Varun Tomar saw off Uzbekistan’s Mukhammad Kamalov, Nuriddin Nuriddinov, and Ilkhombek Obidjonov 16-2 in the final event of the day.
- With the four gold medals and a silver each from Esha Singh and Palak yesterday, the Indian shooting team leads the Championship medals table with 34 medals, which include 22 golds, eight silvers, and four bronze.