Navratna Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) said, it signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), DRDO, for the Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) programme.
More About These MoUs:
It also signed another MoU with Cisco for long-term strategic cooperation in the areas of networking, collaboration, and security among other associated services, the BEL said in separate press releases.
These MoUs were signed during the Aero India 2023 in Bengaluru from February 13 to 17, the PSU said.
Significance of these MoUs:
- According to BEL, the Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft is a fifth-generation, multi-role, all-weather fighter aircraft designed with high survivability and stealth capability.
- The MoU aims at leveraging the complementary strengths and capabilities of BEL and ADA, wherein both parties will cooperate for the design, development, qualification, production, and supply of Internal Weapon Bay Computer and other Line Replaceable Units (LRUs) for AMCA and provide lifetime product support to the Indian Air Force.
- About the MoU with Cisco, BEL said the partnership aims at leveraging the strengths and capabilities to capitalise on opportunities emerging in the domains of network and security.
About Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA):
The Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) was established under the Department of Defence Research and Development (DR&D), Ministry of Defence (MoD), Government of India, at Bangalore, in 1984 to oversee the development of the nation’s Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) programme.
The primary objective of ADA is the design and development of LCA to meet the Air Staff Requirements (ASR) specified by the Indian Air Force, and subsequently, the design and development of carrier borne naval variant and advance version of LCA (Mk1A, Mk2), Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA), Twin Engine Deck Based Fighter (TEDBF) Aircraft, etc.
You may also Read:
- Central Water Commission, IIT Roorkee to develop international centre of excellence for dams
- Cabinet approves MoUs between ICAI and ICA England & Wales for mutual recognition of qualification, training