Tamil Nadu government has issued an order to implement the first phase of the Chief Minister’s Breakfast Scheme at 1,545 government primary schools for the benefit of over 1.14 lakh children in Classes I-V during 2022-23. The cost would be Rs. 33.56 crores. Breakfast consisting of a meal with sambar and vegetables will be provided to children in all working schools.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the scheme:
- Every student is to be provided a 150-500 gram breakfast with sambar with vegetables. On two days, the breakfast will be made of millets.
- More than 43,600 students studying in schools in Municipal Corporations, more than 17,400 studying in those in Municipalities, more than 42,800 in village panchayat limits and more than 10,100 students in remote and hilly areas would benefit under the scheme, which is said to be “first-of-its-kind in the country.”
- The noon meal scheme saw improvements and it evolved into the nutritious meal scheme. The food scheme for school children is set to move up to the next level now in his party-led government’s tenure.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Tamil Nadu Capital: Chennai;
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister: MK Stalin;
- Tamil Nadu Governor: RN Ravi.