Tech giant, Google has launched ‘India Ki Udaan’ to mark 75 years of Independence. The project has executed by Google Arts & Culture celebrates the country’s achievements and is “themed on the unwavering and undying spirit of India over these past 75 years”. As part of the country-wide celebrations, Google also announced its collaboration with the Ministry of Culture. It was officially launched at a glittering event held at the Sunder Nursery in Delhi in the presence of Union Culture and Tourism Minister G Kishan Reddy and senior officials of the culture ministry and Google.
Significance: India Ki Udaan
- As part of the countrywide celebrations to commemorate 75 years of independence, Google also announced its collaboration with the Ministry of Culture focused “on reaching informative online content that showcases the contributions of Indians and the evolution of India since 1947 to support the government’s year-long ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ programme”.
- The centrepiece of its celebrations is a new online collection titled “India Ki Udaan”, available on the Google Arts and Culture website. It pays tributes to India’s rich cultural history and includes iconic moments from the last 75 years.
About the ‘India Ki Udaan’:
- This initiative offers a unique view of India’s remarkable moments and lets people discover some of the most memorable moments in India’s modern history, its iconic personalities, its proudest scientific and sporting achievements, and how women in India continue to inspire the world.
- This commemorative collection will be expanded with a unique blend of archives and artistry for people in India and across the globe. In its 10th year in India, Google Arts and Culture has showcased the country’s rich culture in many ways. Working with more than 100 partners in India, it has brought the country’s cultural heritage to people all over the world.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Google CEO: Sundar Pichai;
- Google Founded: 4 September 1998;
- Google Headquarters: Mountain View, California, United States.