India’s first of its kind solar energy-driven miniature train was inaugurated at the Veli Tourist Village, Kerala by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan. The train, which would be an attraction for children especially, was part of a string of projects totally worth Rs 60 crore taken up to elevate the facilities at the panoramic destination to international standards.
About the Train:
- It covers a distance of 2.5 km with three bogies that can accommodate around 45 people at a time.
- It features a fully- equipped rail system, including a tunnel, station and a ticket office.
- The miniature rail has all the features of a fully- equipped rail system, including a tunnel, station and a ticket office.
- The eco-friendly solar-powered 2.5 km miniature railway will enable visitors to enjoy the beauty of nature. The Rs ten crore project is the first of its kind in the country.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan; Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan.