The 17th edition of the Mumbai International Film Festival for Documentary, Short Fiction, and Animation films (MIFF-2022) began with a colourful opening ceremony at the Nehru Centre, Worli in Mumbai, Maharashtra. MIFF 2022 has got an overwhelming response from filmmakers across the world, receiving a whopping eight hundred 8 film entries from 30 countries.
Key points of MIFF-2022:
- Out of these, one hundred 2 films will be screened under the Competition Category – 35 in international competition and 67 in the national competition. 18 Films will be screened under the ‘MIFF Prism Category’.
- In commemoration of Bangladesh’s 50 years of Independence, the country has been chosen as the ‘Country of Focus this year. A special package of 11 films from Bangladesh including the critically acclaimed film ‘Hasina- A Daughter’s Tale’ will be presented at MIFF 2022.
About the Best Film of the Festival:
- The Best Film of the Festival will receive the Golden Conch award, along with a cash prize of Rs 10 lakhs. Other awards carry cash prizes varying from five to one lakh along with Silver Conch, trophy and certificate.
- 11 movies from Bangladesh will be telecast at the festival. 17th MIFF festival can be watched online also and it is entirely free of cost.
- This award is instituted in memory of legendary filmmaker V Shantaram, who has closely associated with the Films Division as Honorary Chief Producer during the 1950s.