Swaraj Trophy 2021-22
The Kollam district panchayat has won the Swaraj Trophy for the best district panchayat in the State for the 2021-22 financial year. The Kannur district panchayat stood second in the rankings. Kollam district, is one of 14 districts of the state of Kerala, India. The district has a cross-section of Kerala’s natural attributes; it is endowed with a long coastline, a major Laccadive Sea seaport and an inland lake. The district has many water bodies.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Other winners list:
- The Thiruvananthapuram Corporation bagged the trophy for the best corporation.
- The Mulanthuruthy grama panchayat won the award for the best grama panchayat in the State and Pappinissery and Marangattupilly grama panchayats won the second and third places.
- The award for the best block panchayat went to Perumpadappu, while Kodakara and Nedumangad won the second and third places.
- Tirurangadi won the award for the best municipality, while Wadakkanchery and Sulthan Bathery won the second and third places.
- The Kallikkad grama panchayat in Thiruvananthapuram won the Mahatma award for the best implementation of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS).
- The Kollam Corporation won the Mahatma Ayyankali award for the implementation of the Ayyankali Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme (AUEGS).
- Wadakkanchery and Vaikom won the award for municipalities.
You may also read this:
- UNDP’s “Don’t Choose Extinction” climate campaign wins two Anthem Awards
- Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar 2019, 2020 and 2021 presented to 102 artists