Mission LIFE movement launched: Mission LIFE movement is launched by PM Modi in order to protect the environment. Prime Minister Narendra Modi issued a stern warning. After the global launch of Mission LiFE at the Statue of Unity in Gujarat in the presence of UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, the PM addressed the crowd and asserted that lifestyle changes can help to mitigate climate change.
Mission LIFE movement launched: Key Points
- The PM noted, reiterating India’s commitment to combating the threat of climate change, that a circular economy and reduce, reuse, recycle principles have been ingrained in Indian culture for thousands of years.
- India is the best example of economic progress and environmental protection.
- The PM referred to Mahatma Gandhi’s idea of trusteeship and said that the Mission LiFE invites us to be environmental trustees.
- Modi emphasised that dealing with climate change is not merely a matter of government policy.
- The need for individuals to work together to address climate change.
- According to the PM, living on a mission enhances the idea of pro-planet people.
- PM Modi praised Gujarat’s initiatives in the fields of environmental preservation and renewable energy.
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres:
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres addressed the audience and urged affluent nations to uphold their climate pledges and give significant financial and technological support to developing nations like India.
- He also emphasised the need of people and communities becoming involved in developing environmental protection strategies.
- Later, the PM took part in the session for Heads of Mission in Kevadiya.
- Later, the PM dedicated and lay the cornerstone for 1 billion 970 billion at Vyara in South Gujarat’s Tapi district.
Important Takeaways for All Competitive Exams:
- UN Secretary-General: Antonio Guterres
- Chief Minister of Gujarat: Bhupendra Bhai Patel