Mukhyamantri Matrushakti Yojana
Today Prime Minister Narendra Modi participated in Gujarat Gaurav Abhiyan at Vadodara. There he inaugurated and lead the foundation stone for the development projects worth rupees 21000 crores. The chief Minister Sri Bhupendra Bhai Patel, Union and State ministers, people’s representatives, and other eminent personalities were also present on the occasion. Prime Minister Modi facilitated the Abhiyan by saying that for him it is a day of Matru Vandana or mother worship. He said that he started his day by seeking blessings from his mother who entered her 100 years today and after that, he inaugurated the temple of Shri Kalika Mata at Pavagadh hill which is redeveloped. Where he also prayed for the country and ask the goddess for the betterment of the country, he then bowed to the Matru Shakti present on the occasion.
Prime Minister said that these projects worth rupees 21000 crores will provide strength to the concept of India’s development along with Gujarat’s development. The investment is done in maternal health, houses for the poor, connectivity, and higher education which will increase the industrial development of Gujarat as well as India. He said that many of the projects are related to health nutrition and empowerment of women and the efforts are doubled by the government to make women empowerment the new turn of development.
Digital India Initiative: Vision, Objectives And Advantages
Mukhyamantri Matrushakti Yojana: Prime Minister’s words
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said “Rapid development of women, their empowerment is equally important for the rapid development of 21st century India. Today India is making plans and taking decisions keeping in mind the needs and aspirations of women”, he continued “Vadodara is a suitable city for the celebration of Matru shakti because it is a city giving sanskars like a mother. “We have tried to give more opportunities in the decision-making space, to promote women in Gujarat at every level. Understanding the management ability of women, sisters have been given leadership roles in many projects related to the village”,
Mukhyamantri Matrushakti Yojana: Features
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of various railway projects which are worth rupees 16000 crores.
- The railway projects include 30057 km long new Palanpur-Madar section of dedicated Freight corridor, gauge conversion of 166 km long Ahmedabad-Botad section, and electrification of 81 km long Palanpur-Mitha section
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also late the foundation stone of the redevelopment of Surat, Udhan, Somnath, and Sabarmati stations.
- These projects aim to help in lowering the logistics cost and boost industries and the agricultural sector in Gujarat.
- These projects improve the connectivity of the region and enhance the amenities of the passenger.
- Prime Minister also dedicated and late the foundation stone of various development works at Kheda, Anand, Vadodara, Chhota Udaipur, and Panchmahal. These projects are worth rupees 680 crores.
- Through this event the Prime Minister also late the foundation of Gujarat Central University in Khandela village of Dabhoi taluka of Gujarat.
- The construction of the universities will cost around Rs 425 crores and higher Education for over 2500 students will be provided in the university.
- Prime Minister launch ‘Mukhyamantri Matrushakti Yojana’ which will focus on improving maternal and child health.
- Under the scheme every month, the pregnant in lactating mothers will be given 2 kg of chickpeas, 1 kg of tur dal, and 1 kg of edible oil will be given free of cost from the Anganwadi centers.
- Rupees 120 crore is dedicated towards ‘Poshan Sudha Yojana’, which will be extended to all the tribal beneficiaries in the state. This scheme is to provide iron and calcium tablets and education on nutrition to pregnant and lactating mothers from tribal districts.