The “National Metallurgist Award 2021” will be held here tomorrow by the Union Ministry of Steel. Shri Ram Chandra Prasad Singh, the Union Minister of Steel, will host the event. The programme aims to recognise the outstanding contribution of metallurgists/engineers working in the field of iron and steel in the areas of manufacturing, research and development, design, education, waste management, and energy conservation, as well as their specific contribution to achieving Atmanirbhar Bharat’s objectives.
- After extensive discussions with the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) about how to rationalise the awards in keeping with the vision of the Hon’ble Prime Minister, the Ministry of Steel established the National Metallurgist Award.
- The name of the award was changed from National Metallurgist Day Award to National Metallurgist Awards, the eligibility restrictions were relaxed to broaden the nomination pool, the number of awards was lowered to raise the award’s profile and emphasis, and so on.
- The awards not only raise an individual’s or organization’s morale by recognising their accomplishments, but they also inspire innovation and creativity, increase motivation, encourage friendly competition, improve productivity, and foster a healthy work environment.
- During August and September 2021, the procedure of submitting applications/nominations for the National Metallurgist Award 2021 began.
The awardees for the categories of Lifetime Achievement Award, National Metallurgist Award, Award for R&D in the Iron & Steel Sector, and Young Metallurgist (Metal Science) Award were finalised based on the Screening and Selection Committees’ evaluations of the applications/ nominations and the average marks obtained by the applicants.
- Union Minister of Steel: Shri Ram Chandra Prasad Singh
- Union Minister of Home Affairs: Shri Amit Shah