Yoga Mahotsav was organised by the Ministry of Culture in partnership with the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) at Purana Qila in the national capital. The event was held as part of the celebrations for the International Day of Yoga 2022. According to the Ministry of Culture, the purpose of the event was to instil the everlasting value of cultural wellbeing among the people.
- Arjun Ram Meghwal, Minister of State for Culture and Parliamentary Affairs, and Meenakashi Lekhi, Minister of State for Culture and External Affairs, both attended the ceremony.
- The event drew around 500 participants, including officials from the Union Culture Ministry and foreign representatives from over 40 nations.
- The event began with the Saraswati Vandana being recited, followed by a yoga session led by instructors from the Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga.
- Meenakashi Lekhi, speaking at the event, stated that Yoga is the key to living a healthy and active life. She further stated that thanks to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s efforts, yoga has spread far and wide, even globally.
- She emphasised how yoga promotes body, mind, ethos, and thought flexibility.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Minister of State for Culture and Parliamentary Affairs: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- Minister of State for Culture and External Affairs: Meenakashi Lekhi