The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approved the New Tourism Policy to foster the state’s religious potential and also establish the state as the hub of religious and spiritual tourism in the country. The state under the policy will develop separate religious circuits.
UP Government to Build Ramayana, Mahabharata, Buddhist Circuits- Key Points
- As per the vision, the places associated with Lord Rama will be developed as the Ramayana Circuit and religious places associated with Lord Krishna as Krishna Circuit.
- State Cabinet Minister AK Sharma informed about the new tourism policy and development of new areas informed that Ayodhya, Chitrakoot, Bithoor, and other places of significance during the Ramayana period will be included in the Ramayana circuit.
- Mathura, Vrindavan, Gokul, Govardhan, Barsana, Nandgaon, and Baldev will be included in the Krishna circuit while the Buddhist circuit will include Kapilvastu, Sarnath, Kushinagar, Kaushambi, Shravasti, Ramgram, and other places.
- The cabinet minister informed that Mahabharata and Shaktipeeth circuits will also be developed in the State under New Tourism Policy.
- Mahabharata circuit has also been envisaged. In this, places like Hastinapur, Kampilya, Echhatra, Barnawa, Mathura, Kaushaand mbi, Gonda, Lakshagriha have been selected.
- The Shaktipeeth circuit will also be developed. It will extend from Vindhyavasini Devi, Ashtabhuja to Devipatan, Naimisharanya, Maa Lalita Devi, Maa Jwala Devi, Shakumbhari Devi from Saharanpur to Shivani Devi, Chitrakoot and Sheetla Mata, Mau.
- Gorakhpur, Balrampur, Mathura, Sant Ravidas Sthal, Maa Parameshwari Devi, Azamgarh, Bighu Ashram of Ballia, Bateshwar of Agra, Hanuman Dham Shahjahanpur have been included.