World Sanskrit Day 2022
World Sanskrit Day or World Sanskrit Diwas 2022 is celebrated on the occasion of Shraavana Poornima. World Sanskrit Day also coincides with the festival of Raksha Bandhan. In 2022, World Sanskrit Day is celebrated on 12th August 2022. Sanskrit is the mother of all languages and it is one of the oldest languages to exist in the World.
World Sanskrit Day 2022: History
- Sanskrit is believed to be originated in India around 3500 years ago.
- The first World Sanskrit Day was celebrated on 1969.
- Sanskrit is divided into two periods, the Vedic and classical.
- Vedic Sanskrit is a part of the Rig Veda, the Upanishads, and the Puranas. The Vedas were composed from 1000 to 500 BCE.
- Europeans were highly influenced by the Sanskrit language. Sir William Jones, was an English scholar who visited India in 1783 as a judge of the British Supreme Court in Calcutta. He later founded the Asiatic Society.
World Sanskrit Day 2022: Importance
- During the Ancient history of India, it is believed that Sanskrit was the first language spoken by the people.
- Sanskrit is also known as the ‘Language of the Gods’ and this day is celebrated across the country to pay respect to this language.
- On this day, various events are organized to promote and appreciate this language.
World Sanskrit Day 2022: Objectives
- The main objective to celebrate the World Sanskrit Diwas 2022 is to encourage and make the upcoming generation familiar with the oldest language and the mother of all languages.
- The upcoming youth is not familiar with Sanskrit and knows very less about it, Sanskrit Day will help to spread awareness among people.
- World Sanskrit Day promotes the rice Culture of India in every corner of the world.
- The continuous efforts in raising awareness about Sanskrit can one day lead to a revival of this language.
- Sanskrit has the largest vocabulary.
- This Indo-Aryan language was first derived 3500 years ago.
- Sanskrit is one of the most computer-friendly languages in the world.