At the Legislative Assembly complex, President Ram Nath Kovind will kick off the two-day National Women Legislators’ Conference-2022, which is expected to draw a large number of female parliamentarians and legislators from throughout the country. The first-ever such event, hosted by the state Assembly, is part of the nation-wide celebrations scheduled under the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav‘ honouring India’s 75th anniversary of independence.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- According to Assembly sources, the two-day conference will focus on modern issues such as women’s rights, gender equality, and enough female representation in decision-making bodies.
- Speakers in the session Constitution and Women’s Rights include Gujarat Assembly Speaker Nimaben Acharya, Lok Sabha MP Kanimozhi, former Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, and former Rajya Sabha member Brinda Karat.
- The panellists for the session “Role of Women in India’s Freedom Struggle” will be MPs Supriya Sule and Jebi Methar, as well as former MP Subhashini Ali, while the speakers for the session Women’s Rights and Legal Gaps will be West Bengal minister Shashi Panja, MP Jaya Bachchan, Delhi Assembly deputy speaker Rakhi Birla, and Kerala High Court justice Anu Sivaraman.
- In the last day session, “Under Representation of Women in Decision Making Bodies,” Uttarakhand Assembly Speaker Ritu Khanduri, Telangana MLC Kavitha Kalvakuntla, and National Federation of India Women general secretary Annie Raja will express their perspectives.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla will open the valedictory session, which will be addressed by state Devaswom and Parliamentary Affairs Minister K Radhakrishnan.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Parliamentary Affairs Minister: K Radhakrishnan
- Lok Sabha Speaker: Om Birla
- Uttarakhand Assembly Speaker: Ritu Khanduri
- Gujarat Assembly Speaker: Nimaben Acharya
- National Federation of India Women general secretary: Annie Raja