Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, was present during a brainstorming session organised by MeiTY on Mission Digital India BHASHINI – the National Language Translation Mission (NLTM). According to him, Startups are an essential component of our digital ecosystem, and Mission Digital India Bhashini will support them in developing India-specific and Indian Languages enabled IT solutions.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- MSMEs, Startups, and Individual Innovators will have access to Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) resources through the Bhashini Platform.
- The goal of this mission is to empower Indian citizens by linking them to the country’s digital initiatives in their local language, resulting in digital inclusion. Bhashini is an interoperable platform that will catalyse the entire Digital Ecosystem. Realizing the goal of Digital Government is a huge step forward.
- The mission will create and cultivate an ecosystem that will bring together central and state government agencies, as well as start-ups, to develop and implement new products and services in Indian languages.
- A brainstorming conference was organised via video conferencing to encourage startup involvement. The conference drew a number of notable entrepreneurs working in the Indian language space.
- Mission Digital India Bhashini also aspires to significantly enhance material in Indian languages on the Internet in areas of public interest, such as governance and policy, science and technology, and so on, encouraging Indians to use the Internet in their own language.
Multilingualism provides a significant potential for businesses to build novel solutions and products that can serve all Indian citizens, regardless of their native language. To fulfil the aims of Digital India, enabling access to knowledge resources and digital empowerment of citizens is a top priority. The Hon’ble Minister of State expressed his desire to digitally link all Indians and encourage their digital inclusion through the use of AI/NLP to overcome linguistic hurdles on the Internet.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship: Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar