The Indo-American Chamber of Commerce has picked Indian-American chief executive of General Atomics Global Corporation Vivek Lall for the prestigious Entrepreneur Leadership Awards in appreciation of his contribution to the defence sector. The Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC) was founded in 1968 and is the premier bi-lateral chamber for India-US commercial cooperation.
- Lall, 53, has been chosen for the ‘Global Leader in the Defence and Aviation Sector’ award, which will be awarded online on Friday during an awards ceremony.
- The event’s chief guest will be Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Madhavrao ScIndia.
- Lall, who has worked for Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and now General Atomics, has been recognised by Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin as a leader in the defence industry.
- Lall, who has worked for Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and now General Atomics, has played a key role in advancing defence trade.
- He was recently named a Kentucky Colonel, the highest honour bestowed by the state. The most well-known honorary colonel is given by United States governors is Kentucky Colonel.
- Others who have received this honour include former US presidents George Bush, Jimmy Carter, Lynden Johnson, and Ronald Reagan.
- In January 2022, His Highness Mahmoud Salah Al Din Assaf of the Royal Order of Banu Assaf awarded Lall the Grand Cross.