FIFA World Cup 2022 Semi-Finals
FIFA World Cup 2022 Semi Finals: Moroccan fans are hoping for another World Cup miracle, as their team gets ready to play the defending champions France for a spot in the tournament final. By defeating international powerhouses Belgium, Spain, and Portugal to become the first Arab team to reach the semi-final round, the powerful Atlas Lions have already inscribed their names in history.
FIFA World Cup 2022 Semi-Finals: Morocco Vs France Live Score Update
- France defeated Morocco by 2-0 and joins Argentina in the Finals of FIFA World Cup 2022.
- GOAL!!! Substitute Kolo Muani doubles France’s advantage by two in just 44 seconds of coming on the field.
- SUBSTITUTION! Dembele is replaced by Kolo Muani for France.
- SUBSTITUTION! Moroccan change: Amallah is replaced with Ezzalzouli
- Thuram locates Fofana from the left inside the Morocco box, but the latter misses it dramatically wide from a tight angle.
- With a superb pass from the free kick, Griezmann finds Thuram close to the far post. From the top of the six-yard box, Thuram heads the ball wide.
- Another French free kick is awarded for a foul on Thuram on the left wing. 25 yards from Morocco’s goal, this time.
- After gaining possession of the ricocheted ball on top of the Moroccan box, Fofana fires it well beyond the France crossbar.
- Morocco makes a terrific move inside the French box, but the offside flag is raised as a result.
- Yellow CARD! Boufal from Morocco is penalized for a foul inside the French box on Hernandez. Boufal made a clumsy challenge.
- A marginal goal for Morocco after goalkeeper Bono nearly botched the back pass inside the penalty area with a French striker waiting. In the end, Bono was able to finish it without difficulty.
- Forced substitution for Morocco: Amallah takes the place of Saiss, the captain, who has trouble from the get-go.
- Following a brilliant move, Giroud fires it from the top of the area well over Morocco’s crossbar. Morocco kicks a goal.
- Boufal made a strong move through the middle before finding Ziyech on the right side of the France box with a pass. Ziyech is unable to manage it.
- French goalkeeper Lloris dives to stop Ounahi from scoring. To make the save, Lloris had to dive far to his left.
- GOAL!!! France takes the lead with a goal from Hernandez. Early on in the match, France is up. Morocco gave up their first goal to France. Griezmann crossed in the direction of Mbappe after slipping El Yamiq to the right. After Mbappe’s two attempts from the penalty spot were rejected, the ball bounced toward Hernandez at the far post. Hernandez fired the ball past both Moroccan goalkeeper Bono as it bounced.
- Aguerd has been declared out and is replaced by Dari in a last-minute move for Morocco before the game.
- At the Al Bayt stadium, Morocco starts the game.
- The game begins with players out in the middle. It’s time for the national anthems to begin.
MOROCCO VS. FRANCE IN THE WORLD CUP SEMIFINALS ? pic.twitter.com/A6mNPUz0cr
— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) December 10, 2022
FIFA World Cup 2022 Semi Finals, France vs Morocco Semi Final Live Updates
Morocco Neutrals’ Favourite: Morocco Coach
- Walid Regragui, the coach of Morocco, who was born close to Paris and played the majority of his playing career in the French league, thinks his squad is now the favorite of the outside neutrals.
- But he is emphatic that his group is not only present to fill out the numbers.
- A team’s ability to defeat Belgium, Spain, and Portugal and place first in their group indicates both strong play on the field and unquestionably strong teamwork and togetherness off the field.
- There will be a hostile environment in the stadium in addition to the fact that they will be formidable opponents.
If we are happy just to reach the semi-finals, and some see that as enough, I don’t agree. If you get to the semi-finals and you are not hungry then there is a problem. The best team in the tournament, Brazil, is already out. We are an ambitious team and we are hungry but I don’t know if that will be enough. — Morocco’s Coach Walid Regragui
France looking to defend its FIFA World Cup Title
- Deschamps’ France is in a position to win their third World Cup in seven competitions, but they are mindful that no team has successfully defended the title since Pele’s Brazil did it in 1962.
- The team led by Didier Deschamps is the overwhelming favourite to win at the Al Bayt Stadium, but they are up against a Moroccan squad that has only given up one goal during a remarkable run of giant-killing victories that has made them the first African team to ever advance to the World Cup’s last four.
- France is aware that a victory over unheralded Morocco would put them just one win away from being the first side to successfully defend the championship in 60 years.
There is a popular fervour behind them. It will be very noisy and my players have been warned about that. They know what to expect. — France’s Coach Didier Deschamps
FIFA World Cup 2022 Semi Finals: France vs Morocco Match
In tonight’s World Cup semifinal matchup between Morocco and the defending champions France, Argentina, and Lionel Messi are waiting for the victor. The match will be starting at 19:00 GMT, 14:00 ET, and 11:00 PT. In India the match will start at 00:30 IST.
— FIFA World Cup (@FIFAWorldCup) December 14, 2022
- Walking wounded going into this historic semifinal is Morocco. While Romain Saiss miraculously made it through 50 minutes before being taken away on a stretcher, Noussair Mazraoui and Nayef Aguerd were also eliminated before reaching the quarterfinal.
- During Saturday’s tight victory over England at the Al Bayt Stadium, Deschamps just made one substitution. It’s doubtful that the World Cup-winning coach and player will alter the starting lineup of players who have avoided injury and suspension.
- Mazraoui was out due to a combination of illness and hip discomfort, but the Bayern Munich fullback could return by Wednesday night. Yahya Attiyat Allah performed admirably in his absence.
- The longest winning streak in World Cup history belongs to France, who have won all six of their most recent knockout round contests.
- France has won each of its last five World Cups despite failing to maintain a perfect record.
- In fact, no opponent has scored against Morocco in their five games in the 2022 World Cup, with the exception of an own goal by Nayef Aguerd against Canada.
- Spain was defeated by Morocco in this World Cup’s sole penalty shootout victory, which came against them. In contrast, France has triumphed in two of its four World Cup shootouts.
France vs Morocco Head to Head
France has won 3 times, Morocco has won 1 time and there has been one match drawn.
France’s Expected Lineup
It is important to note that France has so far started with this lineup in every game of the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
France expected XI vs Morocco: Lloris(GK)(c), Kounde, Varane, Upamecano, T.Hernandez – Griezmann, Tchouameni, Rabiot – Dembele, Mbappe, Giroud.
France’s Substitutes: Mandanda, Areola, Disasi, Pavard, Saliba, Konate, Guendouzi, Veretout, Camavinga, Y Fofana, Kolo Muani, Coman, Thuram.
Morocco’s Expected Playing Team for semi-final match
Morocco expected XI vs France: Bounou(GK), Hakimi, El Yamiq, Benoun, Attiyat Allah, Ounahi, Amrabat, Amallah, Ziyech (c), En-Nesyri, Boufal.
Morocco’s Substitutes: Munir, Tagnaouti, Dari, Jabrane, Chair, El Khannouss, Sabiri, Abde, Aboukhlal, Hamdallah, Mazraoui, Aguerd.